Saturday, July 21, 2012

Classic Winnie the Pooh birthday party!

I am busy being crafty for Addison's 2nd birthday party--- (which is tomorrow)! I can hardly wait!! The theme is classic Pooh. She LOVES Winnie the Pooh. She can barely talk, but manages to sing along with the song. ADORABLE. Anyways... here are my creations :)

For her gift that I am handing out in place of gift baggies, I filled honey bears with bath soap and had thank you tags made!! They are soooo cute, and what 2yr old doesn't love a bath! I am sooo proud of this that I am attempting to add it to pinterest :) They only had clear or blue soap at walmart tonight, but you really could use any color/flavor etc.

1. I purchased the honey containers from a supplier for people who bottle honey. I checked around quite a bit before I found a company that A) wasn't outrageous, and B) didn't charge crazy fees for small orders. I got 24 bears for about $24. (not bad at all) and they were one of the only companies that included the lids. You can get almost any size and color of lid, and their shipping was fair and fast. http://www.dadant.com/catalog/index.php?cPath=33             2. I had all of my printables made from a dear friend of mine that can do anything! She completed my whole party package for $25!! (Including my invitation, bunting banner, thank you cards, cupcake toppers, cupcake wrappers, party hats, and two sets of tags. She has a facebook and Etsy store. https://www.facebook.com/yahoo#!/PolkadotPrintables   http://www.etsy.com/shop/KWPCreations                             3. The rest was easy! I purchased the bathsoap and I recommend a funnel! Everyone LOVES them so far!
Here is a pic (taken from my phone) of her invitation. I lOVE how it turned out! I purchased the cardstock at Hobby Lobby and picked out the pics and sent Kristen at Polkadot Printables my wish list and printed it at home. Add embelishments (also from Hobby Lobby) and walla.... Classic Pooh.... not available in stores. It definetly takes me back! There is just something sweet about classic pooh that storebought just doesn't measure up to.


Here is the sock tag (for a reminder since her party is at a play zone place) I included it with her invitation.

  The Honey pot will be used as a center piece. It is simpley a clay pot (from Walmart). I used a sharpie and some yellow puff paint for honey. The saucer is turned upside down and glued onto the top! So easy!!  I printed a picture of the hundred acre wood (from the front of almost all winnie the pooh books) (also there are several if you just use google images) and put it in a picture frame ($1.97 at Walmart) and hotglued twigs to the frame for a woodsy look. Cost almost nothing and is sooo cute! I can't wait for her party!! More pics to follow! Oh.... and her outfit! Pics and where I got everything definetly to follow!!
   

2 comments:

  1. LOVE LOVE LOVE, Tiff! :) Thanks for mentioning me!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice post! It was wonderful going through this post. I got to know a lot from it. My daughter is also a huge fan of Pooh and she is very good at drawing that. We went for an exhibition last month, it was in a big venue NYC, and from there I got to know that my daughter can actually take part in that exhibition. It was good news for me.

    ReplyDelete