Monday, August 20, 2012

From the Pantry

I've always been a list person but I may have to find a better system for our weekly menu! I try... Really, I do! I make lists before I go to the store. I even make food we can make with the stuff we buy lists, but they never get made.... And we buy more stuff.... Then stuff goes bad and gets wasted. It's a never-ending cycle! I like having a stocked pantry, but I need to use all of this food! There are too many who go without to have me struggle with organizing my meals!

My pantry is overflowing, freezer is full, and deep freeze is about half full. Here's to a challenge and to getting creative... To only buying what I need. Join me.... And yes Amber, this is for you!

3 comments:

  1. We can do this!! This week we have had Ramen noodle stir fry, pork chops from the freezer, spaghetti, and tonight it's beans and cornbread! I'm also finding that spending less money on food is keeping me from spending money all together. I just had to order some things on Amazon and my total was $35 and I nearly didn't order it!! I am just so sick of spending money all the freakin' time!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am already going to have to go to the store for milk and bread.... It will be tempting to buy other things! Today we had pigs in a blanket and green beans (frozen ones). Gonna make corn on the cob and ribs tonight! I am going to get a chalk board or something cute to keep a step ahead :)

      Delete
  2. Come check out diningwithdebbie.blogspot.com over the next several days. I'll be giving away a gift certificate from Country Outfitter good for $150.00 toward a new pair of boots.

    ReplyDelete