Saturday, September 1, 2012

Pretty little mailbox

So... I needed a really cute mailbox that I LOVE. I looked around online and couldn't find anything that wouldn't cost an arm and a leg, and surprisingly there wasn't much of anything on pinterest , Sooo... I created my own... Feel free to pin me :)

1. You need a mailbox. I got mine at home depot for $12.

2. Spray paint. You need your color and a clear coat to protect your stickers fir your address.

3. Stencils. Hobby Lobby has a great selection and the stencil paint Is all right there. I used a cream based one and a sponge applicator.

Start by spray painting the mailbox. Use short spray motions like directed on the can. (it drips very easily since it is metal) Allow to dry completely and stencil on your design. Keep in mind placement of your address and flag. Allow to dry again before applying stickers and finish with a clear coat.

No comments:

Post a Comment