Saturday, September 15, 2012

Rain

SO.... it's raining here. Husband, myself and the two little ones are enjoying our lazy day off together. We were sitting on the couch while the kiddos playing and I start to get a little stir crazy.... mostly because I feel like we should be doing something productive.... I look at him and tell him that I am bored and that we should share our innermost desires and wants for our garden that we will have when we move... (see... if you really know me... you know that I do this sort of thing to him all the time... and he generally obliges. We have this understood.... "I'm bored and need to be entertained" agreement. He generally prefers this approach rather than getting to play "would you rather" with me... don't act like you never do that... "would you rather be stuck in a cage with with a pack of half starved hyenas with a pocket full of t-bone steak, or swim in shark infested waters after you took a bath in stink bait?" it really helps you understand each other, you know... on a deeper level... good for any marriage I say... :)  Anyway... He responds with the simple "tomatoes and definitely strawberries". I respond with "fine", like he has just won an argument of sorts and begin to tell him about compost and a rain gauge. We had agreed on the worm compost bin that I found days ago.... but the rain gauge was undiscussed territory.. not that I couldn't have just bought one and snuck it in the yard to go unnoticed for an undisclosed amount of time... but I was going to need his help with this! And what fun would there be in that?  He just shook his head, so I began telling him what a rain gauge was for, (which I was informed that he already knew) (which led to why does it matter) (which led to... because I just want to know).. and Aaron now smiling and shaking his head starts to laugh. "You need me to check it don't you" is his response. And then later "while it is raining". How does this man know me so well!? I can already picture sending him out in the rain to see how much we have got so far, and him obliging ... like he always does.... just for fun.. and to make me smile. Now I need to go rain gauge shopping.... and I look forward to the rain :)

No comments:

Post a Comment