Sunday, April 29, 2012

“We'll be Friends Forever, won't we, Pooh?' asked Piglet.



This is what I hope my kids remember of their childhood-- Always and Forever. I have told Brayden since Addison came along that "sissy is your best friend", hoping that it would just stick. They are getting to a point now that they can actually play together and enjoy each other. (not that they do consistantly--- but hey.... I am not is some dream lollypop land and never expected for them to not fight. ) And boy do they fight! The scream back and forth at each other --- Brayden, "No Sissy, No" and Addison (who can barely speak anything) manages to scream out "No, No, No, Bray".  They are both very dramatic and love to get each other in trouble. But those few and far between moments when they really play nice together, and hug and kiss and tickle each other, giggleing back and forth is more than enough to make your heart melt for their love for one another.  Brayden has actually said on more than one occasion, "Mommy, I love Sissy... she is my best friend." And I love every moment of it. They are really into holding hands righ now. Brayden takes Addison by the hand and leads her around the house. (At least that's how it starts before he is dragging her down the hallway by the hand screaming "run faster sissy") The road they are walking down, I walked down myself in my childhood (not hand in hand with my sister.... we would never have done anything like that--- probably why I really do want them to be affectionate--- we love each other, we just weren't raised to show it in that way) I just long for them to be close. Here are a couple of quotes that I ran across about siblings that I have decided that I love. :) ( I couldn't help but to include Winnie the Pooh-- I love that bear!"

" Siblings by nature, friends because mommy said so." -- Unknown
" A sister is like having a best friend that you can't get rid of" -- Unknown

“We'll be Friends Forever, won't we, Pooh?' asked Piglet.
Even longer,' Pooh answered.”
A.A. Milne, Winnie-the-Pooh

“If you live to be a hundred, I want to live to be a hundred minus one day so I never have to live without you.”
A.A. Milne, Winnie-the-Pooh

“If ever there is tomorrow when we're not together... there is something you must always remember. you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think. But the most important thing is, even if we're apart... I'll always be with you.”
A.A. Milne

1 comment:

  1. I love you Tiffers! You are my best friend and I thank God for you often! I am proud of the mother, wife, friend, and person that you are!!!!

    ReplyDelete