Friday, January 6, 2012

Back to Simple

I cannot wait to move back to the country! Today would go very different if we were already there. It will be beautiful today... beginning of January and we are expecting almost 70 degrees.... crazy! I don't feel like I enjoy my days here. I long for being able to spread out and play in the yard; to sit on the front porch drinking tea while the kids play in the yard... (without neighbors so close that they hear your every word... or teaching my son how to ride a tricycle without constantly worrying that he will dart into the busy street and be hit by a car) No... the city is not for me. We are fixing up a little old house... so there is an end in site... Meanwhile I just bide my time, dreaming of the garden I hopefully will have by summer.

I wrote 3 letters yesterday (yes, the old fasioned kind... complete with stamps)  One to my aunt, who when I was younger I used to write once a week, and one to my neice and nephew. I want them (and my children) to know the joy of getting mail (that wasn't attached to an invoice). I loved everything about it when I was a kid. Choosing the stationary, using stickers, waiting for the mailman everyday anticipating a response. I mean I loved everything! It's not likely something most children of today will get to experience. But as long as I am in control of their experience... I am going to try and give them many of the simple pleasures that I enjoyed as a child.

I can't wait for my simpler life. I'm trying to slow down... our days are numbered... and they are rushing by.
Thanks for listening.
Tiffany                                                  One Day soon

No comments:

Post a Comment