Monday, April 30, 2012

Baby Clothes Quilt


Here is a little picture of Brayden's baby clothes quilt! I am really proud that I am making time to get it finished. It's about 1/3 of the way done and then I will back it and hand quilt it! A skill that I learned from my Grandma Brown. I was only 8 when she died. And yet she had already taught me so much! I still have a baby doll blanket that we made together. She had me cut out all of the pieces from some of her old clothes and I hand stitched each one sitting beside her as she quilted one of her own quilts. (and you can tell but come on.. it looks great for an 8 year old!) Then she binded it and tacked it and it became a baby doll blanket for my ragedy ann doll and occasionally my cat! Now Addison totes it around with her doll babies. I really wish she could see it. She would be so proud. Sewing really isn't something that gets handed down anymore.

An update on my little spring cleaning/ decluttering extravaganza.... In the last week I have done more laundry than ever thought possible (outside of a laundrymatt) and it is all folded and PUT AWAY. We shampooed and deep cleaned the carpets. I went through the kids toys, and drawers again. We didn't make it to the consignment sales, but that's ok... there is always next time. I have decided to get rid of my high chairs and switch to the kind of booster seats that go in the chairs. Any feedback if you already have these kind would be greatly appreciated. I haven't for so long because that table that I loved so much as a single person with no children, I now hate because it is so tall. I completely decluttered and deepcleaned the laundry room. (probably because I spent so much time in there this week!!)Now the only things in the cabinets above the washer and dryer are actually related to cleaning.... well... and our liqour! (maybe I should have put a dent in that too! For the sake of decluttering of course!!)  I found the biggest dustbunny I have ever seen! ( my kids like to take the lint out of the trashcan) I should have posted pics of that! They were both covered head to toe in lint! I had to take them outside and strip them down and dust off their clothes and hair BEFORE the bath, so I wouldn't clog up the drain!! Ooh.... and I got a new mop... beacuse lets face it... I HATE swiffers and don't feel like it really works unless it is an old fashoined rope mop! :) ---- OOhhhh and the linen closet... how could I forget the linen closet? I cleaned it all out and donated two trashbags full of  baby blankets, twin and full sheet sets and 4-5 duffel bags & backpacks!

3 comments:

  1. Nice image of Brayden's baby clothes quilt. I think your Grandma Brown was best in baby clothes quilt skill. And Your learning capability is superb only in 8 year old. Thanks for sharing it.


    Mannequin de couture

    ReplyDelete
  2. Baby clothes quilt is a necessary product for babies,as babies skin are soft and sensitive so parents should use quilt and woolen dresses in winter and sun dresses in summer.
    clothes for baby

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is informative post. The only thing i have always thought would be so much easier with girls is finding cute baby clothes! I think your Grandma Brown was best in baby clothes quilt skill. Everything is perfect in this post.

    Cloth Diaper

    ReplyDelete